Re: [TowerTalk] PC Mount Relays for RF Switching

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PC Mount Relays for RF Switching
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:07:06 -0600
Dan,

Ameritron in their RCS-10 remote coax switch use Potter and
Brumfield RTD 14012F 12 volt at 16A/240v relays.

Doug/VA5DX

Subject: [TowerTalk] PC Mount Relays for RF Switching

Hello,

  Although this question has in all likelihood been
asked and answered in the not-too-distant past,
the electronics-parts business tends to evolve, and
there may be some recent experience (long experience
is clearly also of interest to me).

    What is a good choice of relay for RF switching
in homebrewed antenna selectors and so forth?
My understanding is that for cold-switched RF,
even at the KW level, the choice is not critical.
In particular, I am interested in inexpensive 12V
PC-mount relays.

73,
Dan K2QM

Date: 7/4/2006