Re: [TowerTalk] porcupines etc

To: "'Michael J. Castellano'" <km1r@comcast.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] porcupines etc
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:52:54 -0500

Yes I have.
When no ground system was installed at the tower I have seen a few bases
cracked and a couple with large chunks blown out of the base.

> Of all the thousands of bridges in this country... Most sit on concrete
> footings, piers, etc. They ALL get whacked by lightning. have you ever
> seen a failure?  Didnt think so.

Yes I have.

The Skyway bridge in St. Petersburg, Florida in past years has taken many
hits to its supports and has eroded considerably because of it. Subsequent
lightning protection and grounding has been installed to abate the problem.

73
Gary  K4FMX