To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 43, Issue 45
From: "George Lee" <geokr5c@cablelynx.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:24:19 -0500
Hi Steve.

I am somewhat dissapointed in your response to this very ongoing tower
foundation thread.

First, my opinion, anyone who believes that OSHA has all the answers must
surely look under
their pillow each morning to see what the tooth fairy left.  Would be
interesting to see how many tower foundations
poured have to comply with any OSHA regulation.

Secondly, good engineers do not need to go in the field to do manual labor.
They have been trained by
those ahead of them who have experimented and proven that certain methods
work and will consistently produce
good and needed results.  As for digging being dangerous, yes it is, but
there are ways to do it without danger and
if those methods are consistently applied, only a possible cost change is
involved.  In that case if "you can't stand
the heat, stay out of the kitchen".

To simply say "make the hole larger" does not make it more safe and/or more
effective.

I thank you sincerely for this Tower Talk web site.  I enjoy it more than
any other but I had to say what I said.

Thanks to all for their input on this subject.  There is a lot to be learned
here, but sometimes a little common sense
is the better part of discretion.

73, George KR5C