[TowerTalk] parallel dipole

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] parallel dipole
From: "Merlin-7 KI4ILB" <merlin-7@sc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:07:18 +0100
 Odd question here for a strange result.

 I have a parallel dipole at 40 feet with an air wound choke at the feed point.
It has 3 elements, a 16' a 33' and a 66' befor it was tuned so the lengths are
not exact .
 Anyway, I have always had to use a tuner on 20 meters.

 About 2 months ago one of my dogs found out that he could jump the fence so I
put an electric fence about 18 inches off the ground about 1 foot from my chain
link fence in the back yard.
 It is a square with an open end where my house is and my tower is in the
middle of that open end.
 The sides are about 50' long and accrossed the back it is about 100 feet long.

 Well anyways, after I installed the fence (of course it is on insulators) I no
longer need a tuner on 20....

 Any idea whats happening here?
 Thanks
 Joe