[TowerTalk] Bazzoka L ?

To: flcyclone@tampabay.rr.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bazzoka L ?
From: Nick Pair <daweezil2003@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 02:02:19 -0700 (PDT)
I think what we have here is half a double bazooka antenna.
  If one was wont to use nec4 to model it, you can think of it as a folded
monopole with extension. over a ground level radial system. Overall length can
be anything up to 90 deg., with 90 deg. being the length of the described
one(kinda that way especially if you don't use a correction factor for first
piece of coax after feed point.)
  The folding will give you a step-up from the lower native impedance of the L
to something closer to that of coax.
  This makes the antenna a monoband antenna and any broadbandedness comes from
the increased diameter over wire alone.
  The longer the feedline the better your transmitter will like this antenna ;-)
  With a lot of adjustment this makes a good small space, low mounting point
antenna,
  Especially in Calif. where the sun always shines, the lightning only goes
cloud to cloud, and aluminum never oxidizes or corrodes. (and the cows are
content)

  73 and grins,
  Nick
  WB7PEK