[TowerTalk] stainless steel bolt fix

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] stainless steel bolt fix
From: "John Carmical" <jcarmical@diversifiedproduct.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:31:33 -0500
Yes sir,

My son flies a Russian Mig-17. This last year as we were doing the winter
annual, we got into the plane quit far replacing several valves and such.
One of the airplane mechanics brought out his bottle of milk-of magnesia and
brushed it on all the bolts as we began to reassemble the parts in the
plane. He said they have been using it for a long time. He said he got the
idea for one of his buddys who is a current air force mechanic. The Air
force uses the stuff in 5 gallon buckets in current planes. It helps the
removal of the fasteners in that they do not have the seizing problem to
contend with.

Thanks,

John