Re: [TowerTalk] Towers and Sea Birds

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towers and Sea Birds
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:12:32 -0400

> Wow, first I have heard of a squirrel or rabbit problem on an antenna at
> 120

You are likely to find squirrels at almost any height. Rabbits rarely get
off the ground. OTOH I sure hope my cat doesn't see a squirrel up there. He
chased on up a tree. The squirrel headed out a limb and when he reached the
end, jumped.  The cat was gaining all the way and never even slowed down
when the target jumped.  They both hit in the middle of the driveway from
over 30 feet up. I thought Iwas going to need a new cat, but when the
squirrel took off so did he, but at the next tree he just sat there and
looked up.  I guess landing in the driveway at the end of a 30' jump is one
of those "life altering" experiences.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com