[TowerTalk] rohn foldover

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rohn foldover
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:36:38 +0000

I made my original comments off-reflector, but perhaps it's
worth summarizing:

I had a 50' 45g foldover up in VT for several years.  It was
house bracketed below the fold, and unguyed.

The bolts could be easily put in while standing on my flat roof, which
was also the 'antenna work platform'.   What I found was that
not installing the bolts resulted in windload moving the foldover arm
back and forth just enough to bang lightly on the tower.

It was a wonderful wind chime, unless you were sleeping in the bedroom
where it was bracketed to the house.

With the bolts, that problem was eliminated.

I would imagine that in a properly guyed system, the bolts would be
unnecessary.

N2EA