Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley PRO 57 B40 HD on Versatower M60

To: Chris Pedder <chris@g3vbl.co.uk>,Geert Hofman <Geert_Hofman@Jabil.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley PRO 57 B40 HD on Versatower M60
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 21:36:01 +0200 (CEST)
Chris said:
> I would certainly be worried about having such a large antenna atop the
Versatower in 80 Km/hr winds. <
And me - unguyed, anyway.

>From memory, I believe that the Versatower is fitted with guying points.<
The heavy duty one certainly is.
I have the 4 section heavy duty one, which I've ended up having at 62 feet
because I can't get the guys far enough out. Loaded with a Hy Gain 205BA and an
interlaced 4 ele for 10/ 4 ele for 15 at 68 feet, that stood up to the 1987 and
1991 hurricanes, where wind speed locally hit 120mph. That's guyed at 3 levels.
I would be very dubious about an antenna the size of a Pro 57 unguyed.
Incidentally, I haven't heard anyhting good about the Pro 57, but that's
probably nopt worth much of an opinion.
73
Peter G3RZP