Re: [TowerTalk] Connectors for 3/4 in. CATV Hardline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Connectors for 3/4 in. CATV Hardline
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:03:04 -0400
Hi Norm, it looks like a bunch of people have already provided you with some
good info.  I would just like to add that I made my own for some 7/8" CATV
line a couple years back for 2m and 70cm.  I had some 300' runs to contend
with.  I never tried before and found it to be pretty easy with excellent
results.  I don't have any write up regarding my procedure but I did take a
bunch of images to help me remember the next time I need to make some more.
In the images you can see different methods I was using trying different
terminations, insulators, etc.  After several years they are all still 100%
good and still water tight.  You can see a lot of the images on the
following URL's.  Hope this helps.....give it a try.

Good Luck.
73, Gedas, W8BYA

http://gedas.cc/view_album.php?set_albumName=HAM-1&page=2

http://gedas.cc/view_album.php?set_albumName=HAM-1&page=3

http://gedas.cc/view_album.php?set_albumName=HAM-1&page=4

online image gallery at  http://gedas.cc
e-mail address at  w8bya (at) mchsi (dot) com
web page at  http://www.w8bya.com