Re: [TowerTalk] antenna rotor recommendation

To: "'Cameron'" <ccrum@dot11net.com>,"'Tower Talk Reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna rotor recommendation
From: "Christopher J Galbraith" <cgalbrai@umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:48:58 -0700
Hi Cameron,

Our club recently installed the AlfaSpid al/ez rotator to position 2m and
70cm Yagis and a 60cm dish.  It is working very well.  Here is a link to
Alfa Radio's site: http://alfaradio.ca/index.html

We chose the AlfaSpid over the Yaesu 5500 based on the its higher pointing
accuracy and greater load capacity.  If I were setting up a station and
required only 5 degrees of pointing accuracy and was loading it with only 2
medium-sized VHF Yagis, I would probably save money and go with the Yaesu
5500.

73 and GL, Chris KA8WFC