Re: [TowerTalk] Ground for screwdriver antenna ala Tundra

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting.com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground for screwdriver antenna ala Tundra
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:06:45 -0700
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:34:20 EDT, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com wrote:

>Toyota Tundra?  I'm going to be installing a Tarheel on mine and
>would like to know what to expect.

Expect the worst. The main computer in my Sequoia locked up when I called
CQ on 20 SSB, thanks to the really awful chassis bonding noted in my
faster. Short term Fix: Pull the main power lead off the battery to
reboot the car's computer, and don't transmit on HF. Because I've been
busy with other things (a cross country move), I haven't had time to do a
serious fix on it.

Because our list administrator has declared mobile stuff off limits, it's
best that we take any further discussion off list. I understand that
there is a mobile HF list.

Jim K9YC