Re: [TowerTalk] Texas Towers and Times Microwave LMR / GeraldQuestion

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Texas Towers and Times Microwave LMR / GeraldQuestion
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:57:00 -0400
On 08/15/06 05:22 pm Merlin-7 KI4ILB wrote:

> I bought some LMR 600 from Texas Towers last year and love it.
>
>  I just bought 75' of LMR-400 with pl 259's installed for $51 with shipping
> included to South Carolina. (from someone else ...sorry)
>
>  I was woundering Gerald if you all install the connectors and if the above
> price sounds about right. I plan on replaceing all my rg-8u with the lmr 400
> and it is nice not having to install the connectors myself, and to be frank,
> it would be nice having one source for everything.
>
>  Plus next summer I will be putting up a tower on my land in North Carolina
> and plan on buying some more rhon 25g,  more coax and lots of other goodies
> for it.
>
>  Thats one good thing about moving, you get to skip all the mistakes you made
> on the first install and start with new ones lol.

I bought on clearance from HRO a few years ago a length of LMR600
complete with connectors. Th only problem was that when I cut it to
install a lightning protection device, the new connectors cost an arm
and a leg.

When I needed coax for the HF antennas, I looked at LMR400 and LMR400
UltraFlex but decided on BuryFlex from Davis RF -- although I probably
will not bury it.

Alan NV8A