[TowerTalk] Stacking Dissimilar Antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking Dissimilar Antennas
From: Edward Sylvester <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
Sometime back, I posted an inquiry regarding having two dissimilar antennas on
the same tower.  In this case, I would have a 4 ele Steppir at 70' and a 3 ele
Steppir at 35-40'.

  Initially, I figured there would be an advantage to this, but after much
feedback from the group, concluded that this would not be worthwhile, primarily
because of phasing issues.

  But if I don't combine the antennas and simply have them completely separate,
is there an advantage here in terms of vertical take off angles because of the
different heights of the antennas (i.e. lower antenna better for short path and
higher antenna better for long path and short path to farther places)?

  Or am I just spinning my wheels and reaching a point of redundancy?

  Your thoughts are appreciated.

  73,
  Ed NI6S