Re: [TowerTalk] radial wire

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] radial wire
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:49:34 -0700
Craig wrote:

> Almost all of my radial wire was purchased at hamfests for 1-2
> cents/foot or less. I also have 500' of submarine "lossy coax" I was
> given when a local moved to Fl.
>
> The bottom line is use what you can find

Amen to that.  I have found that just about every garage sale I go to has a
ball of wire laying around for a nickle or so.  I grab everyone I find :-)
I have 3 40 meter verticals and an inverted L for 160 so I need all the
radioal wire I can get my hands on.

One thing you don't want to do is use galvanized wire.  I bought a 1/4 mile
roll of it when I put up my first vertical about 10 years ago, and it is
just about all gone now.  Just rust piles where it used to be.  73
Tom W7WHY