[TowerTalk] Stacking order & spacing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking order & spacing
From: "Barry Fox" <foxbw@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:35:20 -0500
I have finally gathered the bits for my antenna system.  There will
be 45 feet of Rohn 25, a CC 40-10 rotatable dipole, a Mosley TA-33SR
and a Hy-Gain 8 ele 2M yagi.  I would like to avail myself of the
collective wisdom of the TT'ers to answer some questions for me.

My questions are:
1.  What is the optimal stacking order, from tower top to top of mast?
I assume the rotary dipole, then TA-33, then 2M beam.
Yes / No ?

2.  What should the orientation of the three antennas be, as regards to
booms?  Should the rotary dipole and TA-33 boom be parallel or 90deg to
each other?  I assume the TA-33 and 2M yagi booms would be parallel.

3.  What would be the best distance vertically between the three antennas?
The bottom one would be very close to the top of the tower, then x feet to
whatever is next, etc.

Thanks very much for any and all responses.

73,
Barry - W1HFN