Re: [TowerTalk] . Re: 2006 Top Ten Chutzpah Awards -

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] . Re: 2006 Top Ten Chutzpah Awards -
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:22:06 -0600
There are still too many 'List Bullies', chronic
complainers, or those who are too lazy to use the delete
function.  If you don't like the topic, Delete It! and move
on.  Just because YOU are not interested does not mean that
the rest of us share your attitude.

Doug/VA5DX

- ENUF!

Since August 9 I have received 375 posts on this forum.  I
stopped counting
when I got past 100 that arguably did not relate to the
theme of this
reflector.  Use of inflammatory language with respect to
anyone's posting,
such as "who cares," "stupid," and "crap" is completely
inappropriate and
unprofessional whether related to the theme of the reflector
or not.  A
message suggesting that the posting is not appropriate could
be couched in
less demeaning language.  Since the latitude to the degree
of relationship
to the theme of the  reflector has been fairly relaxed it is
those arrogate
to themselves the authority to police it using invective who
need to lighten
up.  I would be glad to get a smaller number of postings
that related only
to towers.  But  it is not up to me to blast someone else
simply because
they fell out of a relatively undefined limit and, in the
process, prompted
some very cogent and thoughtful comments as happened with
the "Top Ten
Chutzpah" thread..
73
Bill