Re: [TowerTalk] Come-a-long recommendation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Come-a-long recommendation
From: "Terry Gerdes" <terry@ab5k.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:59:25 -0500
I have several in the truck and depending on the work pick the appropriate
one:

The good one is used for most lifting jobs.

The cheap ones ($9.95 Harbor Freight specials) are used when I have to leave
a come-a-long on the tower for a while. They tend to get replaced every
couple of years.  Example:  It was recently used to secure a swing arm to
the tower after the rotor was pulled for repair.  By the time the rotor was
replaced, we had several rains and the come-a-along was showing signs of
rust.

I have a light-weight one that I replaced the steel cable with rope.  Its
light weight easy to handle and perfect for small pulls on the tower.

73 Terry AB5K