Re: [TowerTalk] Tower base

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower base
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:01:19 -0400
Good point, Bill.  However, my first guy set is at 31 feet - if my tower was
Rohn 45, or even 55, and the base weren't set among 50-foot trees, I'd be
tempted just to leave the first set in place, slide any antenna to be raised up
the bottom guy set till it reached the tower, and then  pull straight up from
there.  However, I wouldn't try that with 25 - even 30 unguyed feet just moves
too much for my taste when I'm at the top.

As it is, I need about a 200-foot tram to get things out where there is a good
landing area.