Re: [TowerTalk] climbing belt ** IMPORTANT**

To: cbolton@gtmc.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] climbing belt ** IMPORTANT**
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:48:22 -0500
One other important point, NEVER borrow or lend a tower belt/harness from or to
someone else.
Your LIFE is on the line.
If you lend your belt/harness to someone you do not know what may have happened
to it while it
was
being used by someone else. They DO break!
Your LIFE is on the line.
If you borrow a belt/harness you have no idea of the history of the belt. They
DO break!
Your LIFE is on the line.

NEVER FREE CLIMB. You must be attached to the tower AT ALL TIMES!
DO NOT RISK YOUR LIFE!

If you cannot purchase and use your own belt/harness, you should not climb at
all. It is that
simple.

I have had close Ham friends DIE due to PREVENTABLE tower accidents.
I was a part of a serious tower accident when I was 16 (I have the scar to
prove it).
I have climbed for 32 years. All the way to 1000 feet.
We have read about Hams becoming SK because of PREVENTABLE mistakes on towers.

Please, please take the advise of the professionals here on this list.

This is a VERY serious issue. Your LIFE is on the line.

Please be safe.
73!
Tim K3LR