Re: [TowerTalk] Force on a dish?

To: "'John D'Ausilio'" <jdausilio@gmail.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force on a dish?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 01:14:54 -0400
Don't even think about trying to move with a dish in the vertical
position.  The broadcast satellite trucks stow their dishes "face
down" on the top of the vehicle.  Any other orientation will most
certainly rip the antenna off the mount or flip the vehicle at any
normal travel speed (if it isn't destroyed at the first overpass).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV
       former Director of Engineering, BAF Communications -
       we built a large percentage of the broadcast satellite
       trucks.