Re: [TowerTalk] Questions.Tower Installation & concrete cost

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Questions.Tower Installation & concrete cost
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 11:11:30 -0400
Yeah, the contractor padded the estimate. Further, it was a big housing
contractor, not a poor, struggling tower rigger ;-) They made a pantload of
money on a major renovation to my house, so I didn't feel bad refusing the
bill for the extra concrete. Finally, it wasn't a matter of the soil
conditions leading to a bigger hole. Either the excavator didn't get the
spec clearly from the contractor, or he was daydreaming during the dig --
there was no reason for him to dig down 9 feet!

  _____