Re: [TowerTalk] Bazooka for Top Band

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bazooka for Top Band
From: "crawfish" <crawfish@surfmore.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:02:41 -0500
Chet, Bob has a legitimate post. Towers have to have antennas on them. In
recent days, there have been discussions about Cushcraft and other brands of
antennas. Bob, I would put up a full-size(270 foot) dipole and see what that
would do for you.I have friends who have 545 foot horizontal loops up for 160m,
and have lots of success with them. If you had a 130 foot tower insulated from
ground, you could use it as a 1/4- wave vertical.
                                             73 de Joe W4AAB