Re: [TowerTalk] homebrew low voltage surge suppressors?

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] homebrew low voltage surge suppressors?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:49:08 -0400
FWIW,  I had a 350' run to my towers in Illinois.  I had over 60 control
wires in a PVC pipe and also various runs of hardline, including 1 5/8.  I
only used Polyphasers at the house enterence.  My taller tower was hit by
lightning numerous times, sometimes severe enough to burn up the Polyphaser
protectors.  I never sustained any control wire or coax damage.

John KK9A