Re: [TowerTalk] [SPAM] Re: Additional Big-Grip Installation Question

To: jim@walkersdomain.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [SPAM] Re: Additional Big-Grip Installation Question
From: Paul Kelley N1BUG <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 07:00:06 -0400
Interesting.

I have been following this thread. I am in the process of installing
some 25G which was formerly used as an AM BC tower. As such it had a
good number of 502 insulators in the 3/16" guys. All of the
Big-Grips were installed starting at the first mark. I'm not saying
that's the correct way, just the way they were on this tower. I had
to move an insulator on a few guys because it ended up being right
where I needed a turnbuckle. I installed the new Big-Grips the same
as the original, starting at the first mark. I had no difficulty
doing this.

I think there has been some concern (maybe in a previous thread
which may have even been on another list) about the Big-Grips
exerting too much pressure on the insulator when installed this way.
That would be my only concern. They do squeeze the insulator pretty
hard when the guys are tensioned.

73,
Paul N1BUG