Re: [TowerTalk] Delta loop too long

To: "Geert Hofman" <Geert_Hofman@Jabil.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Delta loop too long
From: "Andrew Roos" <Andrew.Roos@poynting.co.za>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:24:45 +0200
Hi Gerry

Yes you can add capacitance - I suggest two equal value capacitors, one
at each side of the feed-point. (Not sure exactly what you mean by the
"baseline wire" I'm afraid) I did a rough NEC model, and came up with
X=481 Ohms at 3.6 MHz. This suggests about 92 pF total is required, so
two 180pF capacitors (they are effectively in series) should be the
right sort of size (not knowing the layout of the loop, my model was
very approximate, so probably off by a factor of 2 either way).

The best would be if you have access to an antenna analyzer to measure
the actual reactance X at the feedpoint, then calculate total C from

C = 1 / (2 pi f X)

Each capacitor should be double this.

73 es GL
Andrew ZS6AAA