[TowerTalk] How best to keep the rebar cage centered in the hole?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How best to keep the rebar cage centered in the hole?
From: "Scotty Rathjen" <scotty@ashiko.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:20:11 -0700
What is the best way to keep the rebar cage in the center of the hole as I
pour the concrete?  The rebar cage is held together with wire and when it
sits vertical in the hole on the paving stones the cage wants to sag against
the side of the hole for support.  Can I pound a 8 inch piece of rebar into
the dirt on the inside of the hole wall, a foot from the top, and use a
piece of wire to hole the rebar cage up in the position I want it to be in?
Is this a problem?  Is there a better way?
73 and thanks for any and all help.
Scotty W7SW
W7SW at ARRL dot Net