Re: [TowerTalk] Turnbuckle Vandalism: Waring High RF

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Turnbuckle Vandalism: Waring High RF
From: gdaught6@stanford.edu
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:05:11 -0700
On 11 Oct 2006 at 22:24, Cam and Juli Hedrick wrote:

> The "Known to cause cancer" part was not in seriousness.  I do however know
> what a 10kw microwave signal can do to a human with extended exposure and
> it's not a pretty site.  The brain damage was severe.  No one can tell me
> that RF is safe either and it is hazardous to your health or we would not
> have RF exposure limits in broadcast stations...including Amateur radio
> stations. So it is known to cause damage to the human body.

The whole point at the beginning of this thread was "Find a way to
keep vandals away from my towers/guys/turnbuckles."  If a sign saying
that radio waves caused erectile dysfunction and dysmenorrhea would
do the trick, that was the motivation... not the medical validity of
the statement on the sign.

73,

  George T. Daughters, K6GT