Re: [TowerTalk] KT-34 XA Problems

To: <RTTYMAN@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KT-34 XA Problems
From: "Marc Wullaert ON4MA" <marc.wullaert3@pandora.be>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:55:32 -0000
Les,
the problem in shifting would be broken caps on the capacitortubes and
moisture
got  inside.What also give porblems with older KT34XA whas that KLM used
copperpasta between the joints and shortingstraps on the capacitor-tubes.
This giving after years a bad joint Time to take it down ,order new caps and
you have to rebuild and clean all connection
on the antenna.
It is a lot of work and maybe if you wanna spend some money upgrade it to a
KT36XA
Kit.
Normaly if all is right you don't need a tuner with this antenna.
Marc on4ma