Re: [TowerTalk] re coax jumpers help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re coax jumpers help
From: wa3afs@inav.net
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:22:02 -0500
I have been running 600-700 watts into RG8X regularly for many years.
160M-10M.  My coax runs now exceed 150
feet to my phased 160M verticals and 40M 4-square.  Never had a problem with
the power handling in the RG8X.
(It should be noted that I operate my antennas with low SWRs.)

I do not recommend it for anything higher hand 2M (Although I did see an
installation at a hospital where RG8X was
used to go from the emergency room to the roof (6th floor, if I remember
correctly) and we did not have any
problems (receiving or xmit) for RACES activities.  Probably a run that was
around 200 feet or so.

73
  Bruce, WA3AFS