[TowerTalk] Help with Rotor Wires ID

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help with Rotor Wires ID
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:15:09 -0400
I am trying to make operational an antenna rotated by a HAM-IV rotor.  It's a
long story but I have lost my documentation telling me which wires went to
which terminal up there.  I have not sat down with the schematic in front of me
to determine if everything can be deduced from ohm meter measurements on the
ground.  I was using 8 conductor cable, all the same gauge.  Two questions:  1.
can all the wire placements be determined via ohm meter accurately? and 2. does
someone have a link or documentation for the procedure and expected values to
do so.  Maybe it's a lot easier than I am thinking and should just go find the
schematics.
73,
Gedas

Image Gallery http://gedas.cc