[TowerTalk] Sources of Copperweld?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sources of Copperweld?
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 04:19:14 +0000
Speaking of copperweld, does anyone know a good source of #14, #16 and #18
copperweld with at least 30% copper cladding?  I have plenty of larger gauge
for antennas, but I need some smaller gauge for constructing plug-in coils
that will take abuse without damage.  I have had good success with
copperweld because it makes a very rigid coil when when it is constructed
properly.

I used to be able buy smaller gauges at Radio Shack, but last time I tried,
they didn't even know what I was talking about.  Their copperweld sucked as
antenna wire because it stretched under tension, but it made good coil
stock.

Don k4kyv