[TowerTalk] verticals and terrain

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] verticals and terrain
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:11:21 +0200
Hello,
can someone on this list help me with informations about the influence
of terrain (slopes) on verticals. Or does anyone use TerrainAnalyzer by
K6STI? It should be able to calculate the foreground reflections and
diffractions like HFTA does for Dipoles and Yagis. I didn´t find too
much more "guru wisdom" about that topic besides some anecdotal field
experiences. It seems that verticals don´t like steeper slopes and
absolutely no cliffs. Moxon, G6XN, stated in his antenna-book, that
verticals lose against horizontals at slopes steeper than 3-5 degrees. I
would like to add any additional infos to the /portable section on my
website.
Thanks in advance and best 73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)