[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DX A rotor box question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DX A rotor box question
From: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:18:57 -0400
Hi all,

I have a one year old G-1000 DX A rotor and this morning I came into
the shack to find the speed control not working. The rotor still
turns, but only at full speed. With a C31XR, WARC yagi and 40m
rotatable dipole up there I'm thinking that turning -- and stopping
-- this at full speed is courting disaster.

I haven't been able to find anybody who services Yaesu rotors after a
quick Google search, and I'm wondering if anybody's experienced this
problem in the past. If so, is it something that can be fixed here or
does it require a trip to Yaesu?

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT