Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelds

To: "'Jim McDonald'" <jim@n7us.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelds
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:33:18 -0400
Jim,

I just used a bunch of Cadweld Plus One-Shots, and they work just like the
old Cadweld One-Shots. They give you the same two-part charge in a blue
bottle. My understanding is that Erico got a storm of protest when they
replaced the old product with the version requiring a Control Unit (costs
about $150), and have since backed off and are supplying the new molds with
the old charge. I don't like the new fiber molds as much as the old ceramic
molds, but they do work. You just have to be more careful when you handle
the mold. For photos and details, go to my website at www.wc1m.com and click
on "Big Tower Project". The Cadweld section is near the end.

73, Dick WC1M