Re: [TowerTalk] 2m/70cm beam on HF Tribander boom

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2m/70cm beam on HF Tribander boom
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:59:54 -0500
 You could redesign the A2706S to work on the A3S's boom.  It won't
 interact much with the ELEMENTS provided you're talking about vertical
 and not horizontal polarization.

 However, the boom for the A3S is MUCH bigger than the boom for the
A2706S, I'd expect, and will probably noticeably detune the elements.
I'd consider mounting the ENTIRE A2706S at the front end of the A3S's
boom instead.  Just make an adapter and hang it of the forward end.
It might be worth adding a counterweight at the other end of the boom,
I don't know, but I expect that the 2m/70cm beam is pretty light.
 Dan