Re: [TowerTalk] 75m wire beam

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k9kl@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75m wire beam
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:42:03 EST

In a message dated 10/31/2006 9:02:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I have a question about usingand building wire beams.I have  a 70 foot
silo
and a 60 foot tower in a line to Europe.If I take a rope  and go from the
silo to the tower and hang an inverted vee and 35 feet  back cut another one
5% longer would that work.I have an inverted vee up  there now and it works
OK but.....I know its really not high enough but is  it worth the trouble?It
would be just for this winter as next summer I  hope to put a insulated tower
for 80/160.I have plenty of room between the  silo and tower,could maybe even
do 3 or 4 elements.

    My advice?  Give it a try and see what  happens. Antennas are fun to
experiment with. If you don't like it - try  another one.

    This also goes along with an LXC Directive to "Go  with what you've got!".

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams