[TowerTalk] Soldering PL259s Help Silver based solder

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Soldering PL259s Help Silver based solder
From: Rick Scott <w7psk@w7psk.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:26:48 -0800
I used to know how but lately I cant seem to get it.

Using standard Soldering pen (you know the black with the long copper
tip). Ive always
tinned he braid.  Cut it with a tubing wheel and then strip and
solder.  But for
some reason this stuff isnt sticking.  Using silver ceramic connectors.
Ive for almost all my 30 years been able to d a connector up right.
Now I cannot.

the Coax is RF Products 9913 double silver braid with foil under.

HELP

I have a Solder gun avail, but really hate to zap the coax braid and
connector with that.

Scotty W7PSK
10-10 33700
Everett, Washington
Found on 14.070 or 28.120 PSK31 most times.