[TowerTalk] re Soldering PL259s (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] re Soldering PL259s (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 05:13:37 -0800 (PST)
Let me second the opinion on crimp connectors...  I have the tool from RF
Connectors, via DX Engineeering, and it is a great solution... Also, let me
comment that I have been soldering PL-259 for neigh onto 50 years and I am
quite expert at it  but the crimp connector is a gift... I can have a connector
in and finished whilst you are still trying to get the iron hot enough...
In aircraft, aerospace, etc., soldered connectors are not allowed because of
high failure rates.. Only crimped or clamped connections meet specs...

denny / k8do

Sponsored Link

Free Uniden 5.8GHz Phone System with Packet8 Internet Phone Service