[TowerTalk] Looking for Ideas - What to Put on Tower

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Looking for Ideas - What to Put on Tower
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:23:38 -0600
I'm in the early planning stages for the tower(s) and antennas that will be
installed at my new QTH in Q2 or so of 2007. Initially I hope to have a
single tower in the 100 foot range, probably 55G guyed with Phillistran. The
tower will likely be 200 ft or more from the shack. I operate everything
from 160m to 6m (I'm a newbie on the latter) and, if I can ever get my
transverter going, 2m. I enjoy DX'ing and am not a contester. The proposed
tower location is very accessible, both for cranes (if needed) and tramming.

One going-in assumption on my part -- always subject to revision -- is that
I will shunt-feed the tower for 160m and try the wires-from-a-catenary
approach to erect an 80m 4-square off the tower, at least for starters. It's
also likely that I will end up with a second tower, closer to the shack for
6m and 2m (which are not as important to me -- yet). Also, I was really
spoiled with KLM monobanders for 10/15/20 during the last sunspot peak, so I
am a bit biased in that direction.

Question for the group. How would you load this beast up with antennas? What
would you choose and why?

Larry Burke WI5A
Friendswood, Texas