Re: [TowerTalk] BIG array

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BIG array
From: "W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:51:10 -0800

>>------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------
>>
>>Other than getting into the Guinness Book of World Records, one has to
>>wonder why anyone would bother with such a project. It's the old story
>>of the more gain you have, the narrower the beamwidth. This guy is
>>probably going to miss more DX than he hears.
>>
>>But it's an interesting story, no doubt about that.
>>
>>Bill, W6WRT
>
> To me its a big waste of money

If he only uses on side of the array, he has a 4/4/4 stack, not an uncommon
operating setup.  Then if he's trying to copy a marginal signal he can add
the other side to improve the signal.  If I had the money, which I don't, I
would probably do it a little differently.  But that's the beauty of
America: once you give a substantial portion to the federal, state and local
governments, the rest is yours to do with as you please, at least until you
die and they take some more.