[TowerTalk] LM-354HD 130 MPH Wind Load

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LM-354HD 130 MPH Wind Load
From: "Ted Huf W4ZE" <ted@w4ze.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:32:05 -0500
I am planning on moving my LM-354HD SP (motorized) tower to Florida where
the city has a 130 MPH 3 second gust wind load building code.  I know that
the specs for the tower are 85 MPH 3 second per EIA RS 222 rev G with 52 sq
ft projected area.  I have spoken to the building department and if I can
show that it will meet the requirement retracted, they will issue the
permit.  Can anyone comment on the wind load if the tower were retracted to
21 feet?  Any thoughts on how to get it certified to that?

Ted Huf
W4ZE
724-873-5050
Hickory, PA