Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Location - Hill

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Location - Hill
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:03:38 EST
After living in a state (FL) that resembles a table top, I am now facing  the
same sort of problem.

I am going to tackle it as though all three anchors are entering the ground
at a point 80 feet from the base.  The actual points of entry will be  either
further away (if going downhill) or closer (if going uphill).  I  think the
way to handle this is to be sure all three guy wires attach to the  tower at
the
same angle...or at least pretty darn close. IMHO as long as  the relative
differences are not too big, adjusting the distance from  the tower to
accommodate the terrain accomplishes this.

Now back out to sanding and painting the Rohn 65 that is going to be used
for the project.

Bill K4XS/KH6