Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding the rotor cable

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding the rotor cable
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:03:49 -0500
I don't disconnect anything since I finished the ground system installation.
That's mainly because the connections are too difficult to get at and the
storm would be past by the time I could get them disconnected.

Since the ground system was finished I've had no damage yet the tower takes
at least 3 direct hits on average per year. It was five the first half of
this past summer.  I say at least as those have been observed.

IF I recall correctly Tom said he didn't disconnect anything either, but
I've only seen one post from him in recent months. I understand he's over on
the amps reflector.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)