[TowerTalk] triband stacks

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] triband stacks
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:47:26 -0600
Well I've decided next summer to install a modest stack of tribanders.I have
a 70 foot tower available,it is Rohn 25 so can't go too crazy.I'm thinking
something 18-25 foot boom,to give me enough room to turn it with the guy
wires.I will use an IIX sidemount to cover about 300 thru 180 degrees,that
will give me JA,Europe and South America.I'm thinking either a Cushcraft
X-7,or a Skyhawk or.....maybe Force 12 C-19XR.Does anyone have 1st hand use
of these.How does Phillystran work,meaning on steel guy cable you just get
some clamps and clamp it down but I see they have "potting ends" and other
stuff.Any help would be great. I have the guys at 53 feet away from the base
so I have a fair amount of room.Also anyone here play around with 3 6 meter
beams.I now have 2,one at 35 feet and the other at 60 feet.Thats what gave
me the idea of stacking tribanders.I still can't believe how those
work.Thinking about putting another 2 sections of Rohn 45 on that tower and
trying another one at the top plus a shorty 40. Thanks  Gregg   K9KL