[TowerTalk] Strange US Towers MA40RB mount

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Strange US Towers MA40RB mount
From: <rdhinkle@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 11:40:46 -0500
I recently bought a very nice US Towers MA40 that came with a "ground base"
-- the base, which looks like a MA40RB, goes about 5 feet into the ground.
There's a small plate at the bottom, and 3 hefty "fins" on the side to
prevent twisting, I suppose.  The gentleman I bought it from used it in 2
different locations without any problems.

I contacted US Towers to get information on this variation of the MA40RB
base, but they said they'd never made one like that. Their MA40RB ends at
ground level with the traditional 4-bolt mounting plate!

Anyone have any ideas about this ground mount??

Cheers.....Bob

Bob Hinkle, KK8ZZ
Solon, Ohio 44139
Grid: EN91gj