Re: [TowerTalk] Nicopress swags

To: "'Julio Peralta'" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>,<TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Nicopress swags
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:37:50 -0500
I used a manual swaging tool to make new guys for extending an AB-577 to
75'. Although visual inspection isn't conclusive, I couldn't see any
difference between the manually swaged sleeves and the ones on the stock
guys that had been swaged by machine. The manually swaged sleeves held up
fine supporting a 4-el SteppIR in New England weather conditions for a
couple of years.

That said, the breaking strength for the 1/8" stainless wire rope used for
AB-577 guys is only 1760 lbs. It seems likely that a manually swaged sleeve,
if done properly, would exceed that.

73, Dick WC1M