Re: [TowerTalk] Potiential FCC Tower Construction Threat

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Potiential FCC Tower Construction Threat
From: "crawfish" <crawfish@surfmore.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 04:47:27 -0600
I love towers myself. Since it didn't work out to put cellular on satellite,
the birds are going to have to deal with it.Wolfman Jack ,in his autobiography,
talked about birds getting too close to the XERF tower and "flaming" out. I
know that was because of the 250 kW present. There are people who hate towers,
but whine when they get in the boonies and lose cell coverage, and in some
places, the cell companies have been sued for not being able to cover certain
areas.There is a broadcast tower 1347 feet AGL that the locals whined about
because of the strobes for awhile.I don't think we hams with a limit of 200
feet(mine are 60 feet) have anything to worry about. I have had my tower up
since 1994, and no birds have been found dead on the ground(and we have lots of
birds). Price you pay for progress.
                                                Joe W4AAB