Re: [TowerTalk] QRN during the rain

To: n6kj.kelly@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] QRN during the rain
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:13:04 -0800
Hello Kelly,

Could be a lot of things... Go to the ARRL site, and somewhere there is an
RFI subsection that has the Navy Postgrad School Bible on Power line noise
amelioration.  Read through that....One thing, Almost never is noise
generated by the HHV transmission lines... usually the lower voltage
(~12Kv or so)  distribution lines...Rain Related, is NOT due to dirty or
arcing over insulators....could be hardware shifting in and out of contact
with swelling/shrinking of wood

73, DX, de Pat AA6EG aa6eg@hotmail.com;
Skype: Sparky599
Moon or Bust!--Jamesburg Gang Rides Again!