Re: [TowerTalk] coax seal

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax seal
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:28:23 -0800
Hi Jim et al

The best thing I have found to keep connections clean and clear is good old
Vaseline.  I have put antennas up and coated the connectors with Vaseline
and 2 years later, I wiped the stuff off and the connectors look like new.
I also smeared some onto the connectors where the wires go from the coax to
the driven elements on my beams and the same thing.  Also, it's real easy to
get off.  Just wipe it off with a rag.  I learned this trick from a guy who
worked for the telephone company.

I had one antenna on the roof, not far from my chimney (wood stove) and the
Vaseline was all black from the soot, but underneath it was still shiny.  73
Tom W7WHY